Enter to win a (1) growler and a (1) one-year subscription to Lake Country Journal magazine. Five (5) eligible winners will be drawn and awarded.
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. The Lake Country Journal Drawing (“Contest”) will be conducted from 8:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”), February 1, 2019 (“Contest Start Date”), to 11:00 p.m. (CST), March 31, 2019 (“Contest Period”). Contest is sponsored by Lake Country Journal magazine (the “Sponsor”) and Co-Sponsors Cuyuna Brewing Company, 14 Lakes Craft Brewing Company, Big Axe Brewing Company, Jack Pine Brewery, and Roundhouse Brewery, who are responsible for all aspects of this Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States of America who are 21 years of age or older as of February 1, 2019. Lake Country Journal and Range Printing employees and immediate families; Cuyuna Brewing Company, 14 Lakes Craft Brewing Company, Big Axe Brewing Company, Jack Pine Brewery and Roundhouse Brewery employees and immediate family members are not eligible to participate or claim a prize. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply. By participating, entrants agree to abide by all terms of these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judge, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules.
- HOW TO ENTER. 1.) As of 12:00 a.m. CST, March 31, 2019, the entrant must:
a. Visit one of the five participating breweries listed above and fill out an official contest entry card. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor. No mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted.
- LIMIT One (1) entry per person 21 years and older for the duration of the Contest Period. Multiple entries will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- SELECTIONS AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. Five (5) winners will be drawn by Lake Country Journal staff from among all eligible entries in a random drawing. Winners will be notified after March 31, 2019, by email or phone and need not be present to win. Up to two separate winners per household. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. Winners may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release within 30 days of issuance. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days of the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from the remaining, non-winning, eligible entries. Winners are solely responsible for all travel costs that might be required to pick up a growler at a participating brewery. The winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected if a selected winner fails to comply with these rules; cannot be contacted; is ineligible; fails to claim a prize or fails to return the completed and executed Affidavit and Releases, in the stated time period as required, or if the prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use the winners’ names, likenesses and statements for promotional and publicity purposes without additional compensation or limitation unless prohibited by law. All decisions of the Sponsor regarding the selection of winners, notification and substitution of winners in accordance with these Official Rules shall be binding and final.
- PRIZES AVAILABLE. (1) One growler and (1) one-year subscription to Lake Country Journal magazine. The prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash and if not used will be forfeited. Approximate retail value (ARV) of prize is $40.95 to $43.95, or $16-$19 per growler, price varies due to type of beer and brewery, and $24.95 for a one-year subscription to Lake Country Journal magazine.
- INDEMNIFICATION AND RELEASE. By entering the contest and participating in any promotions relating thereto, each entrant agrees to release and hold Sponsor, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, participating retailers and any other companies participating in the design, administration or fulfillment of this sweepstakes and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, harmless from any and all losses, rights, claims, injuries, damages, expenses, costs or actions of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this sweepstakes or any sweepstakes-related activity, or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or parts thereof, including without limitation personal injuries, death and property damage and claims based on publicity rights defamation or invasion of privacy.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, the Sponsor may either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the Contest and, in the event of termination, award the prizes at random from among eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage Contest materials or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorney’s fees) and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by Minnesota law. Failure of the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- TAX INFORMATION. All applicable Federal, state and local tax liabilities and any other incidental expenses, fees or costs associated with the receipt or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- WINNER’S LIST. For an Official Winner’s List (available after April 1, 2019 and through November 1, 2019) or a copy of these Official Rules (PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Lake Country Journal magazine, PO Box 978, Brainerd, MN 56401.
- SPONSOR. Lake Country Journal magazine, PO Box 978, Brainerd, MN 56401.